Originally Posted by Anonymous
Massapequa has 1 team for varsity. 1 team for freshman and 1 team for JV. The freshman team is labeled JVB. No second and third teams in this town. No money in the budget for them!

Don't forget one key fact. All of these kids live in Massapequa. How about only Mineola kids fill out the Chaminade roster? LOL That would be fun to watch :-P

You act like Chamunade has their pick of every good player on LI a d that is wrong. Not every kid can get in academically (and others is getting harder every year). You ha e to be a baptized Catholic and you have to be willing to part with $9,0000 a year for tuition. Add to that the fact that many good players come from families that just believe in public school, don't wa t their sons in an all boys school or maybe feel the commute is too far. To me it is amazing that Chaminade does as well as it does year after year and certainly the picture is more complex than you state.

You do not have to be baptized catholic to go to Chaminade. I went, am baptized Eastern Orthodox... end of story. Just want that absolute fact to be out there. Do they prefer RC, sure but I can't tell you how many people say to me in conversation that I couldn't have attended because "you have to be Catholic".

Amazed that Chaminade does as well as it does? What are you smoking? Name another school that has that many kids trying out for both varsity and JV (besides St Anthonys). Its not about total school enrollment. That only matters when you can only take kids from the same town. There are kids taking an hour train ride from Suffolk County, not only to be students, but play lacrosse. Wake up. They can pull from every town and promise playing time to those that part with even more $$ to the Express. You think politics don't play a role in who plays and makes the team, as the coaches line their pockets? Only in America.

You don't know what you are talking about....but probably will never be convinced otherwise. Love the haters who come on this thread to spew the same bogus talking points.

Talking points LOL

1) They don't have the most kids trying out for varsity and JV?
2) Kids don't take trains from Suffolk?
3) No tie in with the Express?
4) No politics ever played in making the teams?
5) Coaches haven't lined their pockets?

Nope, not convinced. Especially by you!