Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes , Spent too many hours, days and nights in-between the lines and outside the lines. Again, you being a referee or myself doesn't gives us the authority to come on here and bash an entire league or let everyone know how great you are. You are not the only one who cares for these players. I have done more than you will ever know. I just don't go around spewing about it. There are a ton of dads and parents with more lacrosse knowledge than you on here. So just worry about your job and protecting the kids during the game . Original post was meant to say how great it is to see many top teams facing each other the first week. Thanks for your expertise and sincerely hope you go into each game with fairness and call each game correctly. The rules are not new and the league is just making it clear FINALLY what will not be tolerated. This is a direct result of parents coaches and clubs voices being heard by a league that as quickly dominated the lacrosse landscape in Maryland. I was referee and a coach and support the ALL who have a hand in making the sport safer and better. I do not support referees who think they are high and mighty and continuously make the game about them . This is me heckling you.. Cheers

Heckle all you want. Reading comprehension is clearly not one of your strong points. No one, and I mean no one, is making the game about them and there are no referees who believe or act like they are high and mighty, to use your words, and make the game about them. Ref a game once, see how easy it is not and your eyes need to be all over the place. I and every ref that I know today puts players safety above all else. This is the direction and the mandate that lacrosse wants and needs to take and it is long overdo, especially given how is got out of hand in the 80's. As the game became more popular and grew, there was this belief, especially from the misinformed parents, that lacrosse was a game to be played with brutal hits etc. I can remember parents cheering when a player was decked, excessive hit, they thought that was great. I saw this first hand. The game is getting back to where it needs to be and it is up to everyone involved to contribute and reinforce this direction including coaches, parents, players, administrators and referees.
But to make a statement that a ref is trying to make the game about him is way off base and your are clearly not reading what was said.
This is me heckling you.