Originally Posted by Anonymous
Number 4 is a holdback he is 14 .

False. Aug 2003 Birthday.

Aug 2003 birthday should be a 2021. My son is Aug 2005 and he is a 2023.

.....and my son is October 2005 and is 2023(Should be 202. Families and situations are all different.

I don't know that kid or family so who am I to speak on their decision. If you are getting beat by a kid born a month early, tell your kid and team to hit that wall!!!!

Agree. Doesn't turn 14 until after the summer tournaments are over.

Just an excuse

Doesnt matter what reasons are.., He started school late, Heldback, prefirst, parents thought it was good for him,etc,etc...

He will always be older than the majority of 2022 players except other heldback/started late players. The majority of players born in Aug 2003 play 2021 except the minority of holdback/started late players.

No excuse , but these type of players get an advantage others dont.

I personally think it should be age guidelines for YOUTH , with anyone born May to Aug prior to Sept 1 USL guidelines wanting to play down allowed to. This should take care of all the heldback players and allow them to play with their grade. Then if you want to play down go for it. But at least anyone that wants to play down can...not just a select few of players that are heldback.

Watching this kid play (#4), I suspect he would be good as a 2021. Tough kid played with a lot of spunk. As for his size, my son is a 2022 who turned 13 3 months ago. This kid wasn't much bigger than my kid. So size wasn't necessarily benefitting him. Perhaps a wiser player that age but no doubting his will to compete.