'hard hitters' was not meant as teams purposely out to hurt and play with intent to hurt. It was meant has very good physical teams play each other on the first day. Sorry you took it that way and felt the need to rant on because you are a referee. I have never seen any team at this level out to purposely or promote Neanderthal behavior.Does it occasionally happen yes but to state that on this forum that it is promoted is a stab at all the hard work and dedication that the players and coaches put into a season. Congratulations on being a D-1 level ref. Yes, every parent on this thread and at the 2022 elite level has noticed and promotes the safety of all lacrosse players.They are big advocates supporters of Safety in this sport. Being a referee doesn't make you the authority on this matter.Stating that certain teams promote this behavior makes me very suspect on your ability to call a fair game. Very good lacrosse IQ and very good and well respected coaches teaches our boys good lacrosse. I hope you and your counter parts this year will do a better job of calling these games because the past few years it has been mediocre at best. I hope you are putting as much time mastering your job as the Coaches and players have put in to play good lacrosse. In case you haven't noticed-
Look forward to heckling you on the side line this year. Cheers