Originally Posted by Anonymous
80% percent can't play because their to old to play WSYL and you are saying that is top talent . Explain to me how that is top talent .They play younger kids . They can't play their own age that is not top talent ... Sorry top talent is when you play up not down...be proud of your son for beating up younger players... help me understand

80% of the top teams do not want to break up their teams to follow the arbitrary age cut off rules for one event that is expensive to travel to and does not have good competition .... even though your fees pay for it to be on ESPN and also pay for a lot of swag.

Instead of paying for great competition, you are paying for a unique experience. It just depends what your priorities are - Do you value team unity or do you value tv exposure and swag?

Attendance. According to Maryland law (7-301: Compulsory Attendance), every child between the ages of 5 and 17 must attend school. All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school in either a licensed private or public school Kindergarten that year.Sep 1, 2016

Hhhmmm, I wonder where US Lax and WSYLAX got their magical age cut off date to exclude your poor MD kid!!!! Ignorance is bliss........

My son"s birthday is 12th of Sept 2003 and a teammate,classmate since kindergartens bday is last week of August 2003 they play on the same team for 3 sports . Every teacher and school believe they are in the exact grade they should be in.(as was recommended from the start of school).They are both average size boys for their age and are exactly where they should be. They play every sport according to the rules provided. They have teammates born the last week of August 2004, you wouldn't know the difference. Hence some kids on some teams just miss this cut off by days and some just make it. Our kids also play u13 for every other sport and play against older kids all the time. They love it . To act like they are so much more superior or talented is a joke. 1 more year and High School gets in and you sure won't hear us complaining about playing against 17,18 and 19 year olds. Lets not act like every kid not making the cut off for one tournament is a cheater. Coaches and teams have rosters with kids that fall under the club , league and 99% of every tournaments rule book. There are intentional reclass and holdbacks out there sure but to continue to whine a cry about it on here is funny and silly. The best U13 and 2022 teams clearly are not attending the WSYL . Good luck to the teams that are going it will be a lot of fun. We are bummed about not going .

You wouldn't be so happy if your son was born in June and July 2004 and had to compete against and play constantly children the age of your child and his friend during their youth lacrosse days.. But I see you dont mind if they do. They must be moaners.

The MAJORITY of children dont get the chance like your child's friend. Somehow you apologists always dont mind certain select kids being the oldest the entire time they play YOUTH sports.

"Our kids also play u13 for every other sport and play against older kids all the time. They love it " Your child and your child's friend are always the oldest unless playing other holdback children?? But the majority of kids dont get your child'd friend choice of being the oldest.They are always the youngest during youth lacrosse.
You are full of it about playing against older children at U13..You are the oldest.