Originally Posted by Anonymous
I look at 18 -6 first game of season then looked 10-4 end of season . Ouch

Those are two different teams. How can you compare a win vs Diamondbacks to a loss vs an all-star team made up of kids from 7 different teams put together to beat the Hawks for one game? The only similarity is that your kid played in both games and you get to pound your chest anonymously for a couple days. You're probably the same person that complains about holdbacks, but I guess it's ok if it's on an all-star team your kid is on. There's a reason no Hawks kids participate with Duke's but Diamondbacks feel the need to do so (including their coach).

The real reason is with the four practices a week plus film study they Hawks kids wouldn't have time to play for Dukes.

How many of those kids will burn out in 2 years? I walked by their tent yesterday and listened to the coach talking to the team. I almost spit out my drink it was so ridiculous. Those poor kids. I know they win a lot but do they have a life outside of lacrosse? Must have sucked to get worked by a team of kids that play together once every other month or so.

Like I posted yesterday, I hope the parents and players are ready for the weekend because even though it was only one loss, their will be fallout. If the Coach feels your player was the reason they lost, don't expect him to play this weekend. Also might want to try out for other clubs. After all, the Coach has reached out to plenty of replacements already except lefty attackmen of course

Is this statement based on first hand knowledge or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn?

1st hand knowledge and history. We all know one another. Our kids are teammates in other sports. We get the calls from the coach about moving. Yeah, come out and practice 5 times a week and sacrifice so many things while the coach is already recruiting your replacement and gloating about it. Where do I sign up?

If your kid is teammates with Hawks players, doesn't that show they do play other sports? Do you really think playing for two club teams is leaving more time for your kid to have a life outside of lacrosse than playing for one team? Will you be going to Hofstra for Duke's tryouts? By the way, are you this much of a jerk to their faces as your kid is teammates during these other sports or just anonymously?