Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I think the rule change to the 11th grade is where all the people who hate playing down or reclassing kids should put their focus. With the new rule all teams should only go grade based on each classes 10th grade summer. All levels below this summer should go back to a 12 month or 24 month window of ages. Before the new rule I was more then fine with the logic for grade based teams from 6th or 7th grade on. But with the new rule locked in for sure now. There is no excuse to not change to 9U , 10U, 11U ,12U, 13U ,14U, 10th grade, 11th grade and 12th grade format next summer. This gives you a full year of playing with a team before the 2nd year summer going into the date you can contact and be contacted by college coaches. By rule they can not and you can not talk to them. So there is 100% no reason for a grade based team 9th grade and below. A 24 month window of playing on a grade based team is more then enough time to be seen playing with your recruiting class peers.

While I agree with you this is the format all tournaments SHOULD follow the point is that it is NOT what is the current format. Until this changes, teams that allow players to "re-interpret" what the grade definition means are cheaters and send a poor message to the players. I think 7th and 8th grade players are fine playing together however that is just not the current format. When it changes, let the teams mix. I think we all know of kids who have a classmate that played down for a particular club or clubs. If you are a parent and you try to justify this or "re-class" you are simply breaking the rule so a team can win plain and simple.

Negative. You are enrolled in a grade at school. It doesn't matter how you got there, if the school accepts your enrollment, you are enrolled. When school ends, you have already enrolled for the next year. If you are repeating, when the current school year ends, you may play your next enrolled grade directly after school lets out after that last day. There is no confusion. [/quote

Negative, you are born on a certain day in a certain year. If you play against kids more than a year younger in order to compete you are not very athletic and are pretty pitiful. I agree, there really is no confusion.

Blah blah blah

Of course there is no confusion. Youth sports was always to be played with age requirements, Lacrosse always was until the recent Early Recruiting stupidity. Then we HAD to have grade base due to ER at 9th grade. NCAA took care of that stupidity problem with no longer any ER. Only contact in 11th grade now.

Well apologists ...We no longer have ER..are we going back to age at YOUTH teams and grade at High School teams as it always was before??? Or is there another excuse for the apologists to roll out ??