Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you think its a problem if a 2022 player plays on more than one team?

Me personally I think if a kid has an opportunity to play they should and no club should EVER tell a kid they can't play anywhere else. Especially after making their tuition payment.

Sounds ridiculous but it happens. Just think of this this way, if the parents told the club coach once the team was formed they can't add any players or coach anywhere else how would that sound? Crazy right, so what gives the coaches the right To tell a kid they can't play anywhere else except for them. NONE. They would drop them in a hearbeat if they found someone better. Just sounds crazy how some of these guys think. They have no loyalty to your kid but if the kid finds another outlet outside of their lacrosse empire they go nuts. Makes no sense.

Sometimes the coaches over step their boundries.

Not if everyone is on it and is onboard. However there is something to be said as parents to teach commitment , sportsmanship and integrity. Especially if your team or club is not ! My son would not be on a team that didn't teach those tangibles , especially for the amount of time my kid spends with team and club. Money is money and the work put in on the field should always determine a players spot on team. (and wether he wanted to play somewhere else)
Playing on another club that might directly conflict is not sending a good message to anyone especially coaches and players. To play for a secondary club and get out and have fun without the pressures of main club should be fine as long as they don't conflict or everyone on all teams are onboard.