Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is really sad to see adults(used loosely) on a message board crying over kids sports. I was there all weekend watching and what I saw were 20 teams trying to win lacrosse games. Yes there is some gamesmanship going on but it was some of the best lacrosse played all year. Annapolis Hawks were the best team all year and I think to much lacrosse caught up with them this weekend. BLC another great team did not play enough lacrosse this summer and that caught up with them. The LI teams were great. Team from Richmond was a big surprise. The worst part of the weekend was the goalie from Igloo getting hurt in a meaning less game. I felt terrible for the kid as he was in a ton of pain. If some could up date on how he is doing I would rather see that then all of the crying.
I hope they take a few things from this weekend.
1) Do not have a coach in the tournament put his name on the event. Be involved behind the scene but not the head line
2) Make sure that all teams have 2 listed goalies on their roster. When you go to Nationals in Ice Hockey they make sure you have 2 goalies on your roster and for some reason if you cannot get a 2nd goalie they provide one for you from local players.
3) Make sure all the fields are the same. That grass field was awful in so many different ways.
4) If you could figure out how to have some kind of regional qualifier for certain areas. Some of the lower teams were not good.

Overall it was some of the best lacrosse all summer.

With respect to suggestion #1 above -- everyone knows that Mark Millon is all about the Millon "brand". Everything else in his world is secondary to his self promotion wherever possible. Love that his first born was also named a "first team" all tournament player, and that his favorites from the area were generously listed on all teams/honorable mention list. What a promoter!

MM is all about himself and secondly his son. Was there any doubt he would be named to the first team? No, even though he is only an average player. The team's offense is centered around that kid and the ball has to go to him!