Originally Posted by Anonymous
80% percent can't play because their to old to play WSYL and you are saying that is top talent . Explain to me how that is top talent .They play younger kids . They can't play their own age that is not top talent ... Sorry top talent is when you play up not down...be proud of your son for beating up younger players... help me understand

80% of the top teams do not want to break up their teams to follow the arbitrary age cut off rules for one event that is expensive to travel to and does not have good competition .... even though your fees pay for it to be on ESPN and also pay for a lot of swag.

Instead of paying for great competition, you are paying for a unique experience. It just depends what your priorities are - Do you value team unity or do you value tv exposure and swag?

Attendance. According to Maryland law (7-301: Compulsory Attendance), every child between the ages of 5 and 17 must attend school. All children who will be 5 years old by September 1 of any given year must attend school in either a licensed private or public school Kindergarten that year.Sep 1, 2016

Hhhmmm, I wonder where US Lax and WSYLAX got their magical age cut off date to exclude your poor MD kid!!!! Ignorance is bliss........

Love how NY parents will complain about MD teams having older players on one hand and then begrudgingly admit that the WSYL tourney is no better than the average summer tourney without MD teams. Just go dominate the 2nd rate on-age competition and come home with some sweet gear. Don't worry about MD parents and their kids.