Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
By the way, theres an article out in Lax magazine this month talking about how coaches are looking more for athletes then polished lacrosse players

- http://laxmag.us/1cz6fo1

Kind of the opposite of whats been written above.

The article is full of weak arguments! I would like to see the statistics to back up his opinions, oh, he has none!

I think kids should play what they like. If that's three sports great, if that's one sport, that's great too.
Also, I'd like to challenge the idea that playing football or basketball some how makes you better at Lacrosse? Or vice verse? It is the silliest thought with zero research to back up the notion. What I will say, is if you can play three sports in HS than it is the kids god given athletic ability to do that. Not the other way around. Playing one sport did not magically give you the ability to play the other.
Further, look at basketball kids from the cities. Do they play lacrosse or football to get better at basketball? No of course not. They play basketball year round everyday, and that how they become superstars. Is anyone telling them you should really play Lacrosse to be a better player? So silly.