Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM mommys crying again....you can go back 30 years & look at the WM varsity roster & look at the breakdown of classes...it hasnt changed...by the time your soft superstar is in 11th grade, his class is down to 12-15 kids, same goes for the 12th
graders, throw in 3-4 10th graders & there you go VARSITY lacrosse. i have been out of 3 village lax for awhile but it use to be about 70-80 kids per grade 3,4,5,6. Its a funnel.
eventually each class gets filtered down to 12-15. Most people would agree that the WM lax program is one of the eleite hs programs in the country, i believe they have a 90% winning %?
(maybe off a little)with that level of success there is a challenge....ultra competitive...a program cant be that consistant for so long without the coaches doing there jobs well & unfortunately too many mommy's & dadda's want to destry it because their soft superstar isnt getting playing time!
raising your soft superstar in a perfect world bubble is a big mistake...enjoy soft johhny when he is 30yrs. old & still on your nipple...great parenting

Sarcasm aside, I agree with your funnel analog but back to the question at hand...If WM has 12-15 Seniors and 12-15 Juniors and 3-4 Sophomores (and I agree with your thought process) then how does Sophomores 5-6-7-8-9 and 10 get college looks if they stay with the high school team over the summer going into 10th grade, they will probably not be on the varsity summer team but the summer going into their sophomore year is now crucial to recruiting and I think that all the original poster was saying is if as a parent you think you have the best chance to get your son college looks playing with 91 the WM why shouldn't you be allowed without re-percussion, and how does the HS coach that has a financial interest in your son playing for the school team demand that he does?