Originally Posted by Anonymous
full ride to Hopkins??? Lmao that's what those coaches running that summer lax program are telling you? keep dreaming. and as for the lax players being the best football players......NOT EVEN CLOSE! and summer training program is part of the program it's not to motivate lazy kids lmao

Tell that to the best Football player to play on LI in years from Sayville. Gave up his lax scholarship to Notre Dame in favor of a Football scholarship. Oh and there is the standout Football player from Smithown East who is going to YALE to play lax.
Right re-read what you just wrote.....GAVE UP A LAX SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL. He'll play in front of big crowds on tv and in bowl games. heard he had Alabama and Michigan up here in one week. I'd go play football too. as for the kid from smithtown east....let's calm down the kid was a 5'11 QB with an average arm. sure he shined at QB in a.weak division. he's much better suited for lacrosse. FOOTBALL IS KING NATIONWIDE.

I know what I said, that it is EXTREMELY rare for a LI kid to be ranked highly nationally in football. Sayville boy is also STANDOUT lacrosse player, hence the scholarship offer. Makes sense that he would take the football scholarship, but remember, this kid is the EXCEPTION! FOOTBALL is not, and NEVER Will be a strong scholarship sport on long Island. Lacrosse is, and those players also play football for FUN! As for the SE kid, he is 6'1" and did get football offers but wanted Yale. Not to shabby! You need to understand that I pointed out two kids. My son's HS lacrosse team had 14 D1 commits last year. If your kid is athletic and hard working, and wants to play a D1 sport, evidence supports that on LI, it is most likely going to happen in lacrosse.
14 D1 commitments.....nice! I'll watch that Alabama Georgia game before I watch Hopkins duke. and the kid from SE had non scholarship offers for football. and Yale was for his grades. I'm sure his lax prowess helped. listen really look back in history. do some research....there have been more than a few LI high school kids that went on to play d1 college football. yes lax wins that battle but at the end of the day after that college lax career is over what's next? the $10,000 a year gig playing pro lax. yes!! sign me up. lol. the original point was this....lacrosse and again I coach both sports.....is getting ridiculous. the season ended in June or may......there's a month off then football starts. I was absolutely appalled to see some of these schools doing summer programs and interfering with these school's summer football programs. and it's for a few extra bucks right? so yeah like I said just like I penalize my lax players for missing pre season programs.....I'll do the same to my football players who decide they're going to skip my pre season football program because they're playing summer lacrosse. it isn't lacrosse season. this really is getting annoying on this island. everyone is selfish. years back.....20 years that is....sports coaches in school would never do this to each other.
there are 1,644 pro football players there are 10625 D1 FSC players. To imply that any kid from long Island will move on to play pro football is at best a pipe dream. The self-vaulted football coach from above knows very little about college D! football and looks like a fool. Big time college football scholarships are known as "head count" scholarships, that means there are no partial or divided scholarships awarded, and every school gets 85 full rides. simply stated, every kid offered a spot is given a full ride in Football, ,mens and woman basketball, and I believe hockey.