Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone with knowledge please give insight into the situation at Smithtown East.

Please let me know if the following is even close to being accurate.

-- A number of parents went to the district administration and expressed concern regarding HS coaches and the conflict of interest with their involvement in town only for profit summer lacrosse program. Either the administration told the coaches to stop or the coaches took it upon themselves to back off. The coaches then became Board members for The Outlaws.

Do the parents have the same concerns regarding the coaches involvement with The Outlaws? --

-- I am not from Smithtown but many parents in my district have concerns regarding the conflict of interest with the HS coaches for profit summer program.

Most of the parents are afraid to speak up because they believe doing so will have a negative impact on their children. Some parents don't care what the coaches think and they have their kids play Club Lacrosse . Whether they play for the town only or they play club only or they try and do both everybody agrees it is a bad situation. Just about everyone feels the pressure and very few if any are happy with the current situation.

I have not made any waves but I do believe there is a conflict of interest and that is should not be permitted. I do believe that speaking up would cause negative consequences for my kids.

Just curious if anyone can shed some light on what actually took place. (something close to the truth)

Thanks

Smithtown West was the problem!