Originally Posted by Anonymous
Take all the players out of it. The problem is very real and is really indefensible.

Human nature says if I pay someone lots of cash year round over many many years for club lax and privates that there would be a conflict if that person was also my high school coach. No family should feel pressure to pay and play for certain summer clubs. That is absolute bullcrap. School coaches should not be coaching any of their school players with outside organiszations

Get ready to lose any quality coaching at the school level then . . .

Give me a break with the quality coaching...how good was the quality coaching last year? uh, not so good. The Manhasset school district would receive a number of qualified applicants and the program would continue. It is a real problem as was mentioned in an earlier post. Either coach the HS team or coach the club team - not both. pathetic.

[Linked Image]

—Why is it pathetic? First off, Coaching jobs open up every year and no one wants them because of parents like you. Nothing worse than a Whiney parent who’s kid isn’t allowed to have some conflict in their life. Why not coach both? Try out different drills, develop kids, and make some extra money? How about parents and kids just get on board with it, and remember that YOU chose to play lacrosse, the coaches aren’t making you. If you aren’t on Varsity, dominate on JV. If you made varsity, get some lessons and play club and dominate on that too. Otherwise, just go with the flow, enjoy high school and Be happy that you’ll get the chance to get away from your psycho mom and dad when you graduate.