Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the D-1, Pro guy-

Good for you, happy you were a success not only in the field but in sales as well.

You are classic--

Either everyone agrees with you or they are whiny parents...

Not all about you my friend. And yes, I will do whatever it takes to give my kid the best possible shot. You agree dont you? It is a dog eat dog world, put yourself in the best possible situation to increase your odds of success. Is that not what you do in sales every day? Not about winning a county championship about getting into the best possible school with the best possible education.

I really dont disagree with much of what you say, I disagree with a HS coach telling any kid he cant play if he doesnt spend 9th 10th 11th grade summers on his town travel team as oppossed to a select travel team...

Again as I said before if the kid is good any coach will see that and play a player that increases his odds to win. I dont know by your posts but are you speaking from experience with this paticular issue. We all do whatever we can to provide the best of everything for our kids. A large percentage of time its a parent complaining Johnny isnt getting playing time but Johnny has not done a single iota of extra work to get better or they're the parent busy on the phone while Johnny is counting daisys in the field. They have no clue. If I am mistaken I am mistaken. The odds are slim that many kids will get a scholarship for lacrosse but lacrosse can give you the opportunity to go to a school you might not have been able to get in soley on grades. Love the game and understand that certain towns are trying to emulate what WM and WI have done over the years.