Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If these girls are already committed to a Division 1 school then why does it matter if they are on varsity or not? They are already committed as freshmen and you have gotten what you wanted out of your club choice. I would much rather have my daughter on JV playing as a freshmen than riding the bench just to say she is on Varsity. In many of the better lacrosse programs it is rare for freshmen to be pulled up and to get significant playing time because the talent pool is very large. Also being committed does not automatically mean that they are better than girls who aren't committed, just means they jumped at an opportunity.
No HS coach whether they run a club or not would purposely leave a player on JV bc of club allegiance if those girls would help the varsity team. It may seem like that is the case because you're directly affected by it and its an easy scapegoat, but if you think your daughter should be on the varsity team, maybe you should talk to the coach about it before bashing them on these message boards, I'm sure they have a plan in place.

it seems like you are completely missing the point - its not about what team the kid plays on. Rather, it seems to be concerned with the decision making process which is flawed. Decisions as to who plays on the varsity team are pre-determined due to club choice. How would you feel if a college made an admittance decision based on that criteria? Prob not so great.

This HS coach also selected her own niece to play on the varsity as a freshman and she was completely undeserving of that spot on the team - another demonstration of her inability to be impartial. the list could go on and on....bottom line - nothing will change unless the school district and board change it. The coach and her assistants continue to make money off the public school program since kinds are expected to play on her club team if the want to lay for the HS team. one hand feeds the other. Hard to believe the AD has not addressed this.

You're delusional if you don't think being a legacy has an advantage in the college recruiting process and for that matter the regular admissions process as well