Originally Posted by Anonymous
Take all the players out of it. The problem is very real and is really indefensible.

Human nature says if I pay someone lots of cash year round over many many years for club lax and privates that there would be a conflict if that person was also my high school coach. No family should feel pressure to pay and play for certain summer clubs. That is absolute bullcrap. School coaches should not be coaching any of their school players with outside organiszations

Get ready to lose any quality coaching at the school level then . . .

Give me a break with the quality coaching...how good was the quality coaching last year? uh, not so good. The Manhasset school district would receive a number of qualified applicants and the program would continue. It is a real problem as was mentioned in an earlier post. Either coach the HS team or coach the club team - not both. pathetic.

EVERY club business model is predicated on having as many HS coaches as possible in an effort to subtly or not so subtly coerce kids into playing for a particular club - YJ, Liberty, TG, etc ALL do it fully knowing what they're doing and also knowing that to a great degree it works very well for them

I don't care about the CLUB, that's the problem with lacrosse in general and US lacrosse, everything revolves around the clubs! CR is more powerful than most college D1 coaches. This is a school district issue. My job says I cant have another job that might be viewed as a conflict of interest. Same should go for coaching HS. Coaching a club team for cash should eliminate you from coaching in HS if you have any players that play for the club you coach in

-because clubs operate year round And give players many opportunities to develop. They’re good for the kids who have a passion for it or the parents who have no lives and make their kids do it. Your example of your job is sub-par, being that high school coaches get paid a max. Of $12,000 to coach high school-it’s not their full time job. Second it’s not “for cash,” being that coaches pay taxes on their club $$ just the same as their HS $. At the end of the day, the district picks who they think will best represent their school. Furthermore, it’s not a district issue. Let’s not forget, you chose to live in the district you’re in, #1, and if you’re there for lacrosse instead of school first, you’re a loser. On top of that, coaches should be able to coach wherever as whoever they please, as long as they are respectful, model citizens. They have to put up with little money, crazy parents, and kids who kind of want to be there......shut up.

you really sound foolish and uninformed. first, the conflict of interest is obvious - you pay the club coach and club coach puts you in the varsity team. easy for the school district to determine that - go look at the rosters. It has happened not just once but multiple times. its a business to her that funnels kids from her HS team and Manhasset community to her almost automatically. you can do the math - figure $1,500 per kid with 20 kids per team. plus the private lessons, which occur frequently. pretty good life. so the HS "job" isn't used for the salary. obvious conflict of interest.

Second, if you had any dealings with her, you would realize she is anything but respectful - i think most ppl have started to realize it and that is the reason she can no longer support 2 teams per grade.

if a school district has a policy where a teacher cannot tutor one of their students for cash then it should be applied to every teacher or coach. if you are unwilling to abide by those stipulations then leave. It works for the teachers but not the coaches. needs to change ASAP. new superintendent and the AD should address it - they did for the boys lacrosse program 2 years ago. now they should address the girls program.