Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop your crying. If your kids good enough he will play. Its that plain and simple. No one seems to worry about the coaches and their commitment. The time and effort spent in putting a good product on the field is a difficult task. Having the kids play together from the same high school is a great thing for cohesiveness and seeing who is who in game situations. Should the coaches do it for free. Do you work for free. Don't think so.

OK coach. Do these kids not all play together on the HS Team? Do you not have enough time during the season to build cohesiveness? Give it a rest already, there is a definite conflict of interest and now an element of greed. There is also collusion with local youth programs and other HS coaches. Many HS coaches have been vocal about their distain for the clubs and their desire to regain control. Coercion also exists at the youth and HS levels in certain towns. Yes, in most cases the best player will play, that is why you see the top kids go play for the top clubs. The parents of the boy being recruited by Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia don't have a lot to worry about because they will play no matter what. The next tier players on the team who would like to play for a club feel tremendous pressure to play for the town. I my town parents don't even try to hide the fact that they play for the town because they think it will give the player an advantage. The [lacrosse] kissing by some is really out of control.

Are town youth coaches and HS coaches still trying to tell the "Stud" rising 9th and 10th graders not to play for a top club team? If so, it also needs to end. There are approximately 200 rising 10th grade college commits. Very few if any were recruited through their Town/HS Team. If you look at the top academic/athletic D1 programs they account for 170 or so commits. Just about every one of those kids plays for a top club. I'm sure it was the same way for the rising 11th graders and maybe even for the rising 12th graders. Maybe 5 years ago things were different but that is the reality of today.