Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you are saying a coach wont play his better kids if they dont play for him on a club/travel team. You are such an IDIOT! Why wont the coach put his best players on the field to try and WIN.He does need the $5k coaching job. You people are out of your minds.If you think this is happening instead of coming on here B1tching just go to the school AD or tell the coach straight out that you are going to bring him down for not being nice to your little Joe Joe

Good question. The varsity coach needs to win games if he wants to keep his position so why would he not play his best players regardless of who they play for during the summer?

A few of you have responded to my original question and say it is not about cost but again, go back and read this thread. The majority of the objections I see are about the cost.

It seems like many people feel the varsity coach should coach all summer for free? Why should he? If he is coaching the team he should get paid. The summer is his time.

I am sure all these high school coaches now coaching for club teams are being paid very well to coach for the summer. The clubs charge enough to pay their coaches well.

If the high school coach is willing to coach the summer at a discounted price for his community why is that a bad thing? I still am not understanding this reasoning and I would love for someone to explain it to me logically so I can make an informed decision next summer. I am new to all of this but it seems more polarized than national politics.