Originally Posted by Anonymous

Do the Athletic Directors in these districts turn a blind eye to this?

I am tired of seeing all of these town programs claim they are different than travel. They are all FOR PROFIT LACROSSE PROGRAMS just like all of the other TRAVEL programs including Sachem, Sachem East, Smithtown, etc. It seems some of these guys have got together at sachem and PRICE FIXED registration at $475.00 from 1st grade through 5th Grade for four tournaments and some practices with prices escalating from there. These kind of programs do not consider the family that can't afford that. The youth programs charges a little more that $100.00 for the PAL season but they want to charge $475.00 for a couple of months over the summer. What these coaches are doing is taking away opportunities for kids in their own community to play, not creating them.

They bully the parents and youth of the community to join or as the email says from the varsity coach they will get someone to take your place if you don't play with them. Although it has nothing to do with the schools OR DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR they want you to feel if you play outside of the community its bad and you will be punished OVER THE SUMMER.

This has nothing to do with youth organizations, this is about creating a second income for these coaches and their assistants. Don't believe me ASK YOUR TOWN FOR ITS NON-PROFIT STATUS. I bet you not one of them can do it. My problem is at least you know what you get with those guys. The hIgh school coaches bullying parents and kids want you to think they do this out of the kindness of there heart. lol.

If you play for travel during the school year and miss something that would be different but over the summer. Its over the top.

I would say yes. If parents don't complain they will let it continue.

There were complaints in my town, AD didn't do a thing about it.

There is a very clear conflict of interest. It is hard to believe that if parent concerns were brought to the attention of the BOE and the superintendent that this would continue.