Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your all crazy, every sport that offers money has early recruiting...The only difference is that other sports continue to recruit kids that have already verballed, thus making the verbal meaningless. That is exactly what will happen in lax over time.

If you don't like the club scene, don't try out and play PAL. Stop telling us the world of pain clubs have caused and don't tell me what a mistake I made by having my 9th grader commit verbally.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is the wrong choice for me. open your mind and think--different strokes for different folks--not exactly the black plague.

My kid plays 2 different sport, because he loves to play, and yes, he also gets great grades. Football in football season, lax is pretty much all year round.

Having a great time with club teamates--if I am willing to spend the time and $, why do you care?

Sounds like a guilty conscience to me. Worrying did your child make an informed decision in 9th grade. Congrats you get to brag around the water cooler and on the summer circuit. Time will tell if you made the right choice. And speaking of "why do you care", why do you? Last I checked this board was anonymous.

You sound like another jealous bitter person who sits around waiting for others to fail or to have misfortune. Good thing you have an anonymous board to post on because I am sure you would not display your ugly sentiment out in the open.

If a child is offered the opportunity to commit to UNC, Hopkins, Virginia, Princeton, Loyola, Penn, Maryland, Northwestern, Stanford or Georgetown you believe that they should not commit to any of these schools. Until when? When do you believe the perfect time to commit is? Just how much information do you need in order to make an informed decision?

Another moron misses the point. If my son received a 100% scholarship offer in 9th grade, does that make this good for everyone else or just my son? I am making the larger point that it is bad for everyone. It forces parents to buy into this travel team dream from the time they leave 1st grade. Who can afford to wait? Not get on an A team early and you risk never cracking the A team (seen plenty of Express/91 politics to last a lifetime). It pushes everything up, as D1 slots are taken early by players that may have not even played a varsity game yet. I say the system is broken and we have individuals who want to tell us how great it is for "Little Johnny." Kudos to you and Johnny, but to [lacrosse] with Little Bobby, Billy and Jake (there seem to be a lot of them those days) who are auditioning for travel and college coaches before they even have their first kiss let alone their first girlfriend. Something very wrong here. By the way, most college coaches agree with me. They abhor most travel programs and will tell you they hate recruiting 9th graders. But then they cop out and say, we have to do it in this current competitive environment and rules.

Why is it bad for everyone?

Nobody is forced into anything.

My Town Has “A” & “B” Teams at a very young age and the Town Politics are just as bad if not worse than that of the Club Teams.

Who cares if they haven’t played a varsity game yet? Obviously the College Coaches don’t care. The Majority of HS lacrosse games are not competitive. College coaches will be all over the 2017 and 2018 club games this summer. You might even see a few casually observing the Top 2019 games.

What difference does it make if they recruit early or late? They are going to recruit the same kids. If the recruiting timeline was pushed back would that open up more roster spots? No, it would not. Little Billy, Bobby and Jake would be in the same situation.

I don't think that really is the case. At my son's HS the standout Sr. attack man is going to a D3 school, because that was his only offer. He was far and away better than the top 20 "ranked" attack man who is a junior ( with poor grades and meh SAts) going to a top 10 school. In a normal world the senior, who has excellent grades and SATs would be going to some D1, and 10 years ago would have been considered a top prospect. D3 schools are cleaning up!

This is not sour grapes on my part, my 2017 is committed and had multiple offers, which is crazy, but we believe he made a good choice. Several other 2017s we know with commitments I expect to see switch schools before all is said and done.