Bottom line, my friends kid went to a big lax HS, could not get on the field, was told he would not get on the field, went to travel and ended up with a D2 half ride. You going to look that kid in the eye and tell him he should have been happy never seeing the field and not getting to play in college ? How do you even justify that ?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why didn't you ask these q's at the meeting?

You know why he didn't ask the questions.... Because the HS coach controls everything. So people are intimidated. Ya know, cause the coach is all about the kids. Would never hold it against a kid for his parents asking such valid, pointed questions. Horrible situation except for a chosen few. Who's going to say anything? People, wake up! Don't give all this power to these HS coaches. Do what's best for your kids.

Seriously, I am not from your town but people look to this model. Some agree it is not right and you should have an opinion to opt out of town ball, I disagree, you should be proud and want to play for your town with your buddy's and tell your kids aboaut it so,eday. this whole travel scene is not what it should be. It should be the best of the best only for a few tournaments. Playing the best elsewhere. Not just anyone who wants to play. Ad can Barry play. This whole thing is sickening.

What's sickening is you. The travel scene isn't just all about D1 recruits.
Be proud and tell your kids someday? What are you living in Mayberry? This whole discussion is about opportunity for the kids. Not about some made up loyalty to a town or coach. have you seen the cost of college lately? Upwards of $55,000 a year. The kid who's not the D1 player needs exposure over the summer to try and get a spot at a school that has a D2-D3 program. If the boy has decent grades he can get $15-$20k in merit money. He will be pushed through admissions by the coach. If the financial need is there he may get another $10k for that. It's the difference for many kids between a public or private school education. The kid will not get the exposure he needs if one man is controlling how much he plays over the summer. It's all about the individual players opportunities. Let the HS coach control the spring. Let the kids and parents control the summer. Way too much at stake.
I guess this might me too much for you to understand, cause only your future Rabil should be playing, right. Wait till he gets to college and all the kids are as good or better than him. What goes around, comes around. You'll see.