Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am express parent on 2018 terps team. My son is a starter and has not once been told he should go to St A or Cham...

Maybe the pressure starts this year???

This entire chain is pretty well played out. The schools that strong arm kids are clearly wrong, whether or not they have a winning program, whether or not their coaches are strong, whether or not ever kid gets a fair shot to play, whether or not the kid is good enough to play...

Schools should not be in the business of dictating what kids do when the school sport season (lax, baseball, football, soccer...)is not in session. THis is just a cash grab by the school coaches and I am shocked that the school districts stand for it...

Not about whinny parents, and yes, there are many of those in the lax world.

I would think the pressure comes when your child is in St. A or Cham to play with Express in the summer. I'm sure there are some who don't play with them but, most will.

Because their's pressure to do so.

There is pressure to switch your faith as well.... Really?

No problem accepting the pressure to play on one the best club organizations around and pressure to be forced to play for a perennially nationally ranked HS. BTW - 100+ kids showed up for the freshman (not jv) tryouts at Chaminade this past spring. Don't think this mysterious pressure you all seem to know about exists. Enough, already. People can play where they want and when they want. Likewise for coaches. The policy makers just have to stop making parents and players feeling uncomfortable because they are playing club. These town PAL reps & school clubs really believe they are responsible for building the varsity program.