Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you're painting an ugly picture and making it as though every coach that works for a club team has the wrong Intentions, which is simply not true. You may of had a bad personal experience but don't make it as your experience is everyone's experience, and quite frankly I'd rather have my children play in summer for a coach who coaches high school lacrosse as opposed to young college players who aren't as experienced, or a father whose kid in on the team.

Your not serious.....there is absolutely a potential conflict. I agree that most coaches do not have wrong/bad intentions. But there is no need for these conflicts to exist....and when it comes to money, playing time, playing position, A vs B team your head is buried in the sand if you don't think those potential conflicts become real ongoing conflicts.

The involvement between HS coaches and clubs is so pervasive, you cannot expect to just declare it "done" - it will take a monumental effort to enact such a change and a lot of pain in the period thereafter. You are asking to basically totally turn the lax world lacrosse cart over on its side! I am not saying that it shouldn't be done - but don't be naive about what it will take to do it and the mess that will be left in its immediate wake! And don't be surprised when there are schools and or parents/players left hanging in the wind and very unhappy that their HS or club coach is no longer "their" coach anymore - this would force coaches to move in one way or the other. Once it all settles out, it will be the new norm, but there will be a shitstorm in the middle!

The HS coaches combining with clubs is mostly a new thing. The bigger clubs have been soliciting HS coaches as "board members", "advisors", "trainers", "club owners" in order to have those HS players sign up with that club. Its about MONEY. I do agree that the genie is out of the bottle and trying to turn this ship around may be monumental. But the bottom line is that there are kids/players/families being adversely affected.

When you say "combining with clubs" what do you mean? I am thinking more of a situation I have with my one son where a HS coach is also the coach for a travel team that has 7 - 8 of that school's players on it. That said, the coach the coach of the players on the club team prior to being their school coach.