Originally Posted by Anonymous
With all the high school coaches being made directors at Outlaws there is definitely a conflict of interest. As a parents of kids attending those paticular schools that want their kids to be in good favor with their high school coach: they will be paying $2400 fees, $300 for indoor and extra fees for the inside lacrosse tournament if you play for Outlaws. You will also be paying for whatever your school team will be doing. Example Smithtown East and West doing 2 possibly 3 tournaments. So whatever that costs add that onto whatever your paying for Outlaws. That's a lot of money for summer lacrosse. Doesn't include hotels, food, and travel expenses. Good luck if you don't follow your high school coach to their travel program.

there is definitely the slant you speak about; but there is also the side where the better players can play on a higher level (Select) with other players who can enhance their game. In many instances this is what the better players wanted, playing travel with the blessing of the HS coaches. Now they can do both all while still under the umbrella of the HS coaches while still being able to hear different voices and styles.

More importantly, having the coaches in your organizations eliminate any town/travel conflicts that arise.

Now if you don't make the top select team at least you still have a competitive outlet to play. know your level and work hard to make it to the next. Lets not lose site that this outlet can also give those players (not select - AA) the opportunity to shine and be the players a team needs to rely on. best of both worlds .

now for those complaining about the $$ I don't believe the price changed because of the HS coaches coming on. I believe the price was the price before the announcement and is in the range of other travel programs.

I also believe many players would have payed a little $$ to play for their HS and while paying more $$$ for travel.

I say good job trying to make it work.