Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% ????
Get real with that.
Upperclassmen playing behind 9th & 10th graders? I think you do not have a realistic view of your son's ability with respect to recruiting. If your 18 year old has a 14/15 year old playing ahead of him in Suffolk Division 1, not sure what college level lax your son has expectations of. This is not a knock of your son, but if your son played on the WM summer teams the past few years, he was given equal playing time & played with all the players from his position many college coaches watching....phones not ringing? He may just not be good enough. If he gave it his best, so be it, thats all you can ask...There are plenty of great schools that play lacrosse
and if you son plays WM varsity, there are spots for him, just do your homework & ask your HS coach is opinion.

Get real?

you keep attacking parents and kids saying that their kid is not good enough. I have only questioned the logic of blindly following what a few people say we should do.

Are you a coach? did you coach your son? are you one of the coaches who knows every kids potential? did you always get it right?

I have heard the term "Step up" used by some, I will say that in order to "Step Up" a player needs to be given the opportunity.

At a place like WM, there are many good players, the coaches do their best but they do not get it right all of the time.

What makes you so sure that this new system is in the best interest of the players? In a previous post I said that I am unsure what to do. Why do you think that WM has the only way to hep a player become stronger.

Garden City, Chamidade and St Anthony's have all been very successful during the HS season and the kids do not all play together in the summer.

I am amazed at some who do not question what is being pushed upon them by a few.

By the way, If the HS coaches do not think your kid is one of the better players, don't you think that you should change what you have been doing in order to change the result?

If you can play with better players and have a different coach do you not think that you might be able to improve?

People keep talking about College Recruiting, how about trying to improve so you can be one of the top kid at WM.

Do you think the only way to become a stronger player is to follow what the WM people say you should do?