Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you are okay with back room dealings? The board makes up the rules as they go. I think maybe they started with good intentions and now have no idea how to handle the changing world of lacrosse. My son plays club lacrosse and was told by the 3V board that he couldn't be a part of their organization. While he would have loved to continue playing with his friends, he really is so happy and it was the best decision we made. Interestingly, now 3V will let kids play both, but it was a secret. The boys that play club were never invited back to play with their town. While other boys are allowed to play both if they play on the B team. My son would have played on the B team and my guess is so would others. They never wanted to leave 3V, but were told they absolutely could not be a part of travel lacrosse and PAL if they play elsewhere. Yet now I hear that kids are allowed to guest play for the A team as well. Shouldn't it be a set rule made known to the residents? I am guessing it is a secret because of the flood of kids that would rejoin their program. These are the kind of self serving back room dealings that I am talking about. And you are ok with that? WM won last year for several reasons, none of it was due to the 3V lacrosse board's policies.

It sounds as if you and your child are in the flux of change at WM . the hard aches you are going through or went through; will pave the way for the future years. Stunk for those in the transition but if you don't try something you'll never know how it works out.

It is funny how they say the travel players can only play B since primarily they are the better players.? Didnt most go to travel to get a better level of competition and teammates. It would be funny that the B team is better than the A team. Why not call it something different as not to confuse the levels of play.

How many 2017 - 2019 players play on travel teams and are not or will not attend WM? I guess time will tell if these players stay at WM or go to the privates? Then you will all know if the right move was made.

Regardless of where they will play HS, I have a question, I thought the premise of PAL was no child was to be excluded if they wanted to sign up. How did 3V get away with that? Especially since they are a town in Suffolk bending the Nassau rules.

2017 – 1019 there are approximately 50 players playing on club teams.
I do not know of any who plan on attending private school.