Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think anyone really cares what other kids get as an offer from a school but to come on this site and brag about your son is getting 50%, and how disappointed you are it wasn't 75% than you open yourself up to ridicule. Any parent or player knows that with only 12.6 full scholarships per year, and a squad of 35 to40 kids, I would be surprised if any kid playing lacrosse in college gets anymore than 50% athletic. So don't come on this site and give young kids or parents an unrealistic outlook to what is the norm. If your kid DID actually get an offer that good in the 8th grade have some class don't brag about it, if your friends ask and you want to divulge that info than go ahead, but don't put it out on your own and then be offended with the comments that follow

Please, you really have no clue how this works. I know several that got 50%-yes they are studs.

Also know several that are getting nothing but a spot.

Again, best of luck to that kid and his family. If they were lying, they would have said full ride as has been said on this site many times. The person sounded pretty truthful to me and if it was fluff, I really don't care. It is an anonymous site and I suspect the people that are screaming, like the one above, didn't get a good deal and therefore can't fathom how anyone else did...