Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your all crazy, every sport that offers money has early recruiting...The only difference is that other sports continue to recruit kids that have already verballed, thus making the verbal meaningless. That is exactly what will happen in lax over time.

If you don't like the club scene, don't try out and play PAL. Stop telling us the world of pain clubs have caused and don't tell me what a mistake I made by having my 9th grader commit verbally.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is the wrong choice for me. open your mind and think--different strokes for different folks--not exactly the black plague.

My kid plays 2 different sport, because he loves to play, and yes, he also gets great grades. Football in football season, lax is pretty much all year round.

Having a great time with club teamates--if I am willing to spend the time and $, why do you care?

Sounds like a guilty conscience to me. Worrying did your child make an informed decision in 9th grade. Congrats you get to brag around the water cooler and on the summer circuit. Time will tell if you made the right choice. And speaking of "why do you care", why do you? Last I checked this board was anonymous.

For you specifically, I will say, no to the guilt part but yes, I have a little angst that my kid only got 50% scholarship for lax, we were praying for 75%. But on the bright side, if his grades stay where they are and he scores 1800 on sat, he will get 25% more for merit...

If your kid got 50% scholarship to go to any D1 school you should happy as a pig in sh*t. You kid must also be one of the best players on the east coast because 50 to 75% scholarships in lax don't really come around much considering each team only gets 13 full's per year. To give 50% to a 9th grader is unheard of unless he is they next Miles Thompson. Your kid is either a stud or your post is BS. Carry on.