Originally Posted by Anonymous
They don't make money in the town program that is why they left... Bottom line! I have heard rumors they were offered 10K and the source is very credible. Think about it and I will only use outlaws as an example because that is where the Smithtown coaches went. If they are charging between $2100 and $2500 a kid and lets say they have 200 kids in the club that's a gross somewhere between $425,000 and $450,000 going into the club just on tuition fee's alone. Then add another $75.00 a kid to try out there's another 20K. Some people are making a nice living off of LI's youth lacrosse players!

That's peanuts compared to the girls - YJ has over 800 kids rostered at $1,600+ per player and a $50 tryout fee and voluntary clinincs and camps. Not to mention they run half the tournaments that they participate in! 2+ million a year flowing through the YJ machine. Now you know why the rumours of Spallina buying them in a multi million dollar deal never go away

WOW!!
But it's the town programs that are the problem?!? Laughable

Exactly. People on here complaining about getting fleeced by varsity coaches charging $500-$1000 dollars for 5 summer tournaments but then they are willing to shell out $2500 to a club and don't see the hypocrisy.

I don't think the parents of these players are stupid. If they could just play for their town team for only $500-1000 they would. Now they have to pay the $2500 to a club because their high school coaches are now directors. You don't follow me and pay for my salary at this club let's see how much playing time you get on the high school team. Now that's called collusion.

I agree. If the high school coaches do blackball kids for not playing for them in the summer that is an issue and they should be fired. Fired not only from the coaching position but also from teaching if they use their position of authority against the students. Doesn't matter if they are running their own summer program or coaching for an outside club using your position of authority against a student for any reason is unethical and should result in losing your job.

On the other hand as long as they do not punish kids on their spring teams for not playing with them in the summer I think the town team model is a better option personally for the majority of players.

The clubs should go back to being what they were 10-15 years ago, true elite teams for the upper tier of players.
Most players are average athletes and lacrosse players. Too many parents disillusion themselves into thinking their kid is the next Miles Jones and spend thousands of dollars chasing that "lacrosse free ride scholarship" that doesn't exist.

Spend that money on a tutor and it will have a much greater return on investment than the Lacrosse Club will.

All those people that were complaining about paying too much for their town summer program before now can pay double or triple and make the club owners wealthy. If you think the town teams were a rip off to line the pockets of the varsity coach you now can enjoy the results of your complaints.