Originally Posted by Anonymous

All this dam crying about fair and not fair. We have completely given in to the whining parent. If your kids not good enough he's not good enough that's it. Sorry if I am going to ruffle some feathers but its not PAL its not rec league where everyone get a trophy. A high school coaches career is measured on wins and losses. You win you keep your job as a coach you lose, bye bye. Thats it. Coaches,they coach and live, love the game but in the end its results. Let's put it in everyday terms for people to understand. You are in sales and work on commission you don't produce you don't have money to pay bills, and your out of a job. Do you guys get it or let's put it do you moms get it. It's not all rainbows and lollipops in the real world. Why do we think our kids are entitled it doesn't work that way.

What school district do you live in??? In my district and many others I've read about here on BOTC a coach keeps his/her job until he/she steps down. It has little to do with wins and losses.

I think what the schools mentioned above is doing is wrong on a number of levels, but you assuming that the parents complaining are whining because their kid isn't good enough is missing the point. The point is about control by and making money for the HS coaches. Kids get recruited at summer tournaments by and large, not at HS games.