Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love reading about these "programs." Let's not kid ourselves. The most successful programs have parents and coaches who know the game. They talk to their sons in the car, and know what they are talking about. They go in the back yard and work on throwing and catching. Catching with soft hands and throwing with their non-dominant hand. Moving without the ball. If you live in a town with many of these parents, you have a better shot of the program being reasonably successful for a long period of time. If the town you live in has parents who don't know the game, then you have mothers yelling at little Johnny to run through the entire defense and shoot. In those situations, more times than not the coaches kids are the best players and everyone else is wondering why roll dodging the entire opposing team which worked so well in 3rd grade, no longer works in 6th.

and it is a nightmare for those town teams when the son of the coach is not the best player and the daddy coach still thinks he is. We went 5 years with it Putting his son in all types of positions facing off when the best f/o is pushed to the wing. Long pole when others still sat the bench in PAL.

Now with middle school around the corner lets see if politics play a role or will reality stare them in their face

Been there done that!! Middle school is an equalizer, for my son at least. Funny how now that the boys are in 10th grade, the coaches son, as well as the boys whos parents had their noses up coaches but are riding the bench, while several 2nd and 3rd stringers are D1 bound!

What kool aid are you drinking? Not really sure any 3rd stringers and only a few 2nd stringers are D1 bound. If that's the case sign me up for the program!

FACT!! Happened on the town team where daddy was coach. His starters are not making varsity (10th grade) this year while 2 second stringers (one formerly 3rd) have been playing varsity since last year and are committed to top D1 programs. Sorry you don't want to accept the truth!

Many people on this site do not want to accept the truth.