Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have had kids moved up for various sports for both boys and girls and the upperclassmen have never been an issue . Parents of upperclassmen have .

On a different note I recall a few very vocal Huntington parents bashing their coaches because they felt there was such an obvious bias toward certain club players etc especially at the goalie position . I just read the college rankings and see that the #4 ranked team in the country will be starting the true freshmen goalie that I believe is the player they all felt got such favoritism from her coach. I guess the former Huntington coach was not the only one who thinks so highly of this young player. If that is the case it kind of makes all the complaint by these Elevate people seem a lot less credible and also seems that a coach may have lost her job because of these nonsensical parents.

You are spot on with the parent being the issue, at least in the Sayville case. Who in their right mind goes on the internet stirring up trouble for 12 year old girls. Word has it the coaches know exactly who it is, only causing trouble for themselves really, or even sadder for their daughter.

The coach doesn't care about this site. That's a joke. The whole situation is laughable and will work itself out in the spring. The girls in question are either going to help the team win OR they will play the game like they do now and try to run through defenders. That won't work against bigger, stronger better players. So they will have to learn to play a team game. Eventually that will help the team win. Maybe not this year or even next, but in future years it definitely will. The Sayville program has some very talented girls. There is a strong group in 10th grade and some very strong 11th graders; however, there is not much below the current 10th graders. The next best girls are these 7th graders. Are they ready for varsity? Who knows, it's not my call. The coach would probably prefer to get them in now to learn the system so that they can be his core in two years. It makes sense from a coaches perspective, but from a player/parent perspective it's a disaster. Let's see how it goes in the spring and leave this alone.