Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At some point if you are a really good player you have to realize the team you are playing is overmatched and also realize its embarrassing to keep scoring.Yes the coach gets most of the blame but so does the player .If it were my kid the 8 goals would be a problem but worse would be the big goose egg for assists.I know here comes the stop picking on little girls comments but if you are such a stud you can put up 8 goals against an inferior team then you should be strong enough to hear some criticism about it.

I get the point that at some point in the game the better players should get other involved, but being surprised about lack of assists is another. Do you know how difficult an assist is in girls lacrosse. It's not hockey, you don't get an assist by simply making the last pass before a goal. Any stats you read in newsday about girls having 6,7,or more assists in a game is just bad scoring or plain BS . I read a boxscore last season that showed a team having more assists than goals, I believe that's impossible. My point is we should not group girls as not being team players simply because their assist to goal ratio is very low.

I disagree. I see a lot more goals scored from assists and smart play than from one player trying to bully her way through the defense and having a turnover.

And regarding the team with more assists than goals, UGH. My daughter's college team (not lax) used to fudge the numbers like that. It was the coach's doing and he wanted one girl's stats to be nationally ranked, which they were, but she'd get credit for an assist two passes back from the goal! There's a lot of bull[lacrosse] that goes on in the stats, some of it mistakes and some delberate.