Originally Posted by Anonymous
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

Top Four look to be Middle Country, West Islip, Smithtown West and Northport.

MC has Ward Melville and Bay Shore remaining. Should win both. They also scrimmage BBP on the 17th.

WI has Sachem East remaining. Can't see SE beating them. also non league vs Babylon on 5/17.

S West has Bay Shore and Ward Melville. Should win both games.

NP has Sachem North and HHH remaining. Northport wins both.

WM has Middle Country and Smithtown West remaining. Tough games but maybe they catch one or both thinking ahead to the playoffs.

Smith East one game left Vs Walt Whitman. Should win but you never know.

West Islip and Middle Country smart to schedule competition (non league and scrimmage) to get ready for playoffs.

I think MC will win the county.

What say you?

I say you have too much time on your hands. Wait a week and the brackets will be set, then the games will start.

oh no fun!