Originally Posted by Anonymous

Actually the point is if you win games by to much utilizing more then the 2-3 girls who feed only each other on the field , you can say that you have a phenomenal team. When the coach doesn't follow that type of criteria , people see right through it and as an opossing coach know how to handle the situation when need be.
A good coach can defeat a team like this by the obvious !

Th

So if you lose your team/coach/community stink. If you win by too much as described by the holy one on BOTC tour team/coach/community are bad winners!!!! So you must win your games but only by some arbitrary margin or the holy one on here criticizes your team/coach/players/parents/community. Geez....seems a little hyper critical if you ask me. Are you so over managed at your place of business.

Let's be honest... girl's lax is a terrible sport; particularly when they hit recruitment/varsity age. Because refs refuse to call offensive penalties, girls will not even look to pass and go right to the goal (I've seen girls do it with their eyes closed!). Any contact at all results in a free shot 99.999% of the time. There is minimal team work and this distortion of the game is glorified by travel clubs and accepted on varsity. It has become, far and away, the most selfish sport I've had the displeasure of watching. When my eldest daughter went through 7 years ago, they passed, worked the ball, moved without the ball... all the things that make team sports great. Now, with the recruitment emphasis moving from HS teams to club teams, it's all about the commits. The more girls the club team have committed, the better they look, the more money they make. How does a girl get noticed now? Put up gaudy numbers. It's really a shame. And, unfortunately, unless they start calling offensive charges or putting them in pads, this is only going to get worse.

College coaches know what they're looking at. The last thing they are interested in is the kid who is a one dimensional player. They typically go to recruiting events with an idea of the players they want to see. That list is formulated by the network they rely on to alert them to talent. That network is everyone from club coaches, HS coaches, other coaches who they might not be competing with for players, former players, etc..
They will watch their list for everything from sideline demeanor to off ball movement, stick skills, leadership,....scoring is just one thing. And by the way if a pass should have been made but wasn't just so the ball carrier could score....big no-no.
And Mom and Dad, rest assured they will find out who the parents are of their recruiting targets, and will watch your behavior too. More than one college coach has told me the last thing they want to recruit are problem parents!!!