Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think A is the most open of the three as you can make a case for any of the teams.
In B, people can say that ESM didn't have a great year and if they had to play BBP Mt Sinai, or SWR, they would lose but they don't have to play them! Can't see them losing to MP, even thought they are down the girl who was 2nd in goals on the team and the first game vs MP was a two goal game. WB/RP was a close game the first time around; I think RP has more overall talent but WB has the best player.
C has four good teams playing BBP should take care of a solid Mattituck team and SWR Mt Sinai should be some game. BBP is undefeated for a reason but SWR played them close In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.and if MT Sinai wins vs SWR, they did get whooped by BBP the first time but in Mt Sinai's case, you can throw that out the window and they are defending state C champs.
Good lacrosse coming up indeed!

In Suffolk A the strength of teams is a bit down from last year and agree with you, it is up for grabs. B the strength of teams has fallen off a cliff from last year. ESM still best but a shadow of what they were last year. RP has a better player by far over WB, neither team very strong and no chance to take counties. In C, MT Sinai clearly not the team from last year and the only team in Suffolk to actually look much stronger this year than last is BBP. A and B will not even make it off of LI this year, BBP will take states.

Suffolk A not up for grabs at all and not sure it was down at all. West Islip might be a little off from the past two years and Northport is not very deep. But Middle Country and Smithtown West are both very good.

No, not up for grabs at all. Only the four teams listed above ever had a chance at winning. Who else would you say had a shot? Smithtown East? The East side will have to wait until the schools combine before they win unless they allow the West coaching staff to split time. Sachem East? Sachem North? Sachem might have to go back to one school as well in order to win. What happened to Bay Shore? They have had success in the past. Ward Melville? Pretenders as usual, program is a mess, weak coaching. HHH? Not going to happen. Commack? I am surprised they are not better. Motivated community, youth sports are usually strong in multiple sports. The rest of the teams really have no chance, they simply do not have enough interest at the youth level by the time kids are in HS it is too late.

No, not up for grabs at all. I don't even think it is up for grabs between the final four. But hey, you never know.