Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a Middle Country person but if you watch one of their games I think I counted sixteen girls total on that team so if they didn't combine there would not be a team. A very talented team with better goaltending this year beat a pretty good West Islip team by the largest margin in three years WI could not keep up with them in the speed category. Hopefully playoff time WI comes to play. Shouldn't be any different than last year.

If they didn't combine, who wouldn't have a team... which school?

Not from MC either, but if somebody counted only 16 girls on the team, I would guess neither could field a team on their own. Doubt 12-13 are from one school and only a couple from the other. Though if they weren't combined, more girls might try out - could be scared off by the "super" team, thinking they won't play.

yes that is the point, you would have a team (maybe not 2) and someone is always the odd one out.

If 2 teams more girls would try and stick with it at a younger age. The down side is no super team. They (as many do) weed out the girls young and stunt the expansion process.