Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lynbrook over Garden city in a close game on Thursday.

Of course they will because they have the leading scorer in Nassau (insert uncontrollable laugh here).
all the scoring leaders. In nassau are from weak teams with weak coaches

I know many proud parents out there won't want to hear this but......many of the players with large goal numbers are not very good players. So many variables go into the numbers, all they are is a light indication of ability to shoot, and even that is misleading. One player may take 75 shots to score 50 goals, another may take 150 shots to score 50 goals. And were they wise shots?, as in were they not into the goalie's stick? thus a turnover of possession. Were they backed up thus leading to change of possesion? In each case you would have a 50 goal scorer but with drastically different impact to the team. Look at the top LI recruit coming off the island this year (nation this year for that matter), you still think a high goal scoring is the end all? Would you recruit the 100 players in front of her with more goals, before her? Point is the stats are close to meaningless with all the variables of teams, schedules, bad coaching, stat padding etc..... Go watch the games and then tell me who is good.

I think it would be better worded if you said players arent as good as good as their stats indicate. Saying they are not very good players is a little extreme. Bad players are not scoring 50 goals no matter who they play. But the point you are trying to make is correct.