Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
" But if you have to bring attention to it, if the brush isn't called, what do you do."

That is exactly the nonsense that these coaches use as code so they do not have to say fake it. If a kid grabs their head to bring attention to a brush foul because a ref did not call it then it should not be called.

I would go a big step further. The flopping/faking girl/team should be given a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior. And if a ref sees a girl tightening her strings right after the goal, the goal should be waved off and a yellow card assessed. Cheating should be met with swift and drastic consequences. It will stop quickly after. There ought to be consequences for the cheaters.

Agreed, but until that happens you will still have these issues! I hate the flopping , grabbing etc.. it is ridiculous, but I would call it gamesmanship NOT cheating! It would be cheating if the rules said you cant flop or fake getting hit in the head. The rules don't say you can't pull your strings! You will say that the player has an illegal stick, how do you know that? if its not against the rules, what do you have to lose if you pull your strings to make sure? Just like in hockey before the "flop" rule, Players flopped all the time, it was part of the game until the rule was put in! In baseball it was common to cut the ball or use vasaline to get better movement until the rule was changed. The bottom line is you can ride your moral high horse all day long, but every kid out there is guilty of a flop or a head bob. For all you BBP people, if you are so against cheating, then you should let number 17 know that you can't creep into a better position before the whistle blows. She was blatant about it and never got caught. (that actually is a rule). Bottom line is that the rules need to be changed and until that happens its really NOT cheating! I know it makes you feel like you REALLY didn't lose the game, but u did!