Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let me guess MC left their starters in for the whole game against Connetquot

It wouldn't make a difference. Connetquot has talent just worst coaching possible.

So team not winning = lets blame the coach? Schools record is basically flat for as far back as I can find, no better, no worse. Maybe there is some talent but probably not very deep. Parents need to march up to school and demand a change!

In this case YES blame the coach = the team has been flat for years because he has been coaching for years!! And to say the talent is not deep for any team is just crazy. Lacrosse players are a dime a dozen - with a few handful of absolute standouts. Do you think all good players are born into certain towns or districts? It's the coaching. Good coaches=consistent success.

this day and age it starts with the youth programs. Sure you have a diamond in the rough that starts to play later than the rest but that player was 9 out of 10 times always recruited to play because they were an athlete.

I do wish HS coaches got more involved with PAL and youth or even a mini condensed tournament circuit. from that these days a coach isn't really making up much time in helping the avg become great