Originally Posted by Anonymous
all good points, but if the goal of you and your girls is to lead to a towns successful HS team, what about the goals of the kid in your town who has no intention of going to your HS?..maybe private bound kids?...why should they continue to play PAL and not try to make themselves better in a much more competitive environment?

Ok, than find something else for her. If she plays for me on PAL I will coach her up like all the other girls. If that is not good enough than find some where else to play. PAL is town based rec league. It serves it purpose.

As far as football PAL being better.... Calendar wise it has more advantages. No Spring Break, No Easter, Better weather from start to finish. In my opinion, the PAL football season is too long! I know there are gun-[lacrosse] fathers that would push for a PAL National Championship if they could. For PAL lax I would settle for a tournament weekend for the top teams at the end of the Spring PAL season, but when are you going to fit it in with Club season starting earlier and earlier. For me I will take the 7-8 game PAL season that goes right into Club season.