Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. Ive been watching girls lacrosse for years, you would never see one person score 8 goals on manhasset or Garden city seems to be a suffolk thing. Lets pad our stats against an inferior opponent

I'm sure it's not just a Suffolk thing but my daughters have played lax in Suffolk for many years and I can agree with you that some of the most egregious examples are from Suffolk (lets see, the East Islip coaches daughter, the Islip sisters and friend, the WB girl(s), the Bellport girls last year etc..) Like a previous poster said, these teams will usually get shut down by a team that understands defense. IIRC, none of these won Section XI or states.

AS for the poor team that had a girl score 8 against them, they lost by more than 10 two days in a row to a school that is a 1/4 the size of them and a school that is 1/2 the size of them so they have their own issues. While I agree that 8 is a lot to put up, can't the team double that girl and see if that works?
NB also beat up a much smaller team by more than 10 and their top scorer had 7, what's up with that?