Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone explain why CR was on the field with clipboard in hand clearly evaluating and selecting her YJ girls yesterday at the UA tryouts? UA definitely needs to revamp the selection process. There should be no LI club or team coaches evaluating or coaching at this event, and definitely not if they have a child also trying out. Some of these coaches insist on coaching year after year to guarantee their kid deserving or not a spot on the team e.g The highlight coach who also has a kid trying out,Politics at it's best. Several conflicts of interests at this event and the politics are blatantly on display. Corrigan sports needs to do something about the LI process as its turning kids away in droves. So many signed up and decided to skip this event and those that did show up already know the odds are not in their favor as the selections were made way before the tryout. Maybe they should have coaches and evaluators from different regions and maybe more kids will sign up. This is why Maryland has LI beat all the time, same leadership=same results.

It has been ever thus. Search on this site and you will see. A few years back, people did contact Corrigan with their concerns, myself included, and you can see it made no difference.

This was our first experience at the UA tryouts. Let me preface this by saying the young ladies are very talented and there are obviously some outstanding players who truly belong on the team. However, the fact that the email said they will have a great mix of coaches is such a blatant falsity. On field 2 you had CR and the Mt Sinai coach. Some of the other evaluators were walking around with YJ backpacks. I fully understand some of the better players are from that organization but there are others just as deserving. With DG from Liberty there I would guess the team will be 85% YJ, 10% Liberty and 5% other...now I know why so many girls do not show up.

When my daughter went, the first thing she noticed was YJ players with YJ logos evident going up and greeting the evaluators by name, because they knew them all. Some greeting-hugs were even exchanged. It made her feel it was a total set-up, and I don't disagree. Very few non-YJ girls make the cut and it's not just because they have less talent despite what everyone will come on here and say. Politics are a big factor, and that's a fact.