Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope LI can come together and root for each other this weekend. As for this weekend...does anyone know any of the upstate teams firsthand? The best I could do is to see how they were ranked.
In class A, WI is playing Pittsford and they won their playoff game 19-3 but they were ranked 13th in class A and WI was ranked 10th. Awaiting that winner most likely is #1 ranked Christian Bros Academy.

In class B, it looks like #1 ranked GC has a very good shot to win it all as they are playing 20th ranked Victor in the first round but Victor did win their first state game 23-9.

In C #3 Mount Sinai plays 19th ranked Honeoye, 12-7 winners of their first state game. Awaiting them could be #2 Bronxville. For the record, BBP was ranked #1 and CSH was ranked #4...yet more reason for the state to stop have Suffolk and Nassau play in the quarters!

The LI teams should be favored in all 3 semifinal games.

Class A Pittsford is very balanced and playes team ball. Their top3 scorers can be shut down and they can still beat you. Still expect WI to win but should be close. May come down to who consistently wins the draw. Pittsford's girl on the draw is going to Stanford and is very good. Regardless of whic team advanced I expect CBA to win it all

Class B - garden city should win it all. Victor can score in bunches and has a couple of girls going to top 10 DI schools. However, overall depth is missing and have a young couch.

Class C - repeat of 2015 finals which MS won 8-5. HFL has been in semifinals or finals each of the last 5 years. They have strong coaching and can dominate the draw. Goaltending is poor. scoring comes from 2 players.

Im confused as to how CBA is even in this when its a public school championship