Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yea our district its a battle between 3- 4 girls to shove the ball in the cage to get those Stats. Regardless if the coaches pet forces the ball numerous amounts of time and other girls are literally wide open ALONE by the crease , most good teams know the System of who's who , and make sure that ball hogging stat grabbing player gets shut down , Just think for once if the coach actually had a set of balls and made some changes on how that superstar moves the ball other then her few side kicks.. He would actually have a Great team not an inconsistent one !

If you are down by 10 and 1 girl has 8, it's probably because the coach has supported a one man team which is easy to defend and that's why you are down by 10. Team game folks, nobody cares that your kid is in Newsday except you
Very rare to be down by 10 but have a kid w 8 points so that seems like a silly point.

Sounds like he was making a good point to me, maybe slightly exaggerated , but last couple years similar situations to this were happening at Islip, W Bab, E Islip etc.....[/quote]
I'm she first of all, and thank you that was exactly the point I was trying to make not every team has a team of "lacrosse players" some teams have kids who just play to play...