Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
---"Because some things are bigger than your kids name in newsday that none of us care about but you. Its a team, school community thing. If your kid is going to get $3,500 a year to play in college earn it on your club team. School teams are different than club teams. Seniors should have the leadership positions and there should be a pecking order. Your comments are exactly why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere in all of HS sports."---

What a bitter, jealous, selfish person you are. You are right, "it's a team school community thing". On a team, the coach should play the best players. The coach should put the team in the best position possible to represent the community. The players who command the respect of their teammates through hard work, commitment, attitude, ability etc.. should have the leadership positions. The pecking order should be determined on the field and it should not have anything to do with what grade the player is in. By the way, the top players get a lot more than $3,500. The reason why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere is people like you. People who think that their kid is owed something. I would be willing to bet that you think that you deserve a pay raise every year even if you do not increase your productivity, improve your performance or become more effective at whatever it is that you do. The whole "Club" thing started because "School" sports took on an "everybody" gets a trophy mentality.
They first started by taking more kids on the team. Then they went to a 5th quarter for the kids that didn't get to play, then they went to "modified" every other quarter plus a 5th quarter so that everyone could play. That mentality is what has ruined school sports.

You are insane. I agree with the other guy. I could only imagine standing next to you on the sidelines... frightening.

There is always going to be a pecking order but to base it strictly on grade is insane. Should be based on leadership qualities, respect, hard work, communication abilities etc. Just because some kid is older than another does not make them a leader. Just because some kid is older than another should not guarantee them a starting spot. Being a starter , being a captain , being a leader should be earned and not just handed out because you are a senior.