Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious has past history of towns bringing up 7 & 8 graders to Varsity ever won anything?

Yes , all three state championship teams from last year have a history of moving middle school players up to the varsity.

Good Coaches:

- know how to earn the respect of their players.
- know how to identify talent.
- know how to develop talent.
- know how to utilize talent.
- know how to encourage.
- know how to build confidence.
- know how to lead.
- know how to teach.
- know how to create and maintain team enthusiasm.
- know how to help kids develop character.
- know how to motivate.
- know how to build comradery.
- know how to create a positive environment.
- know how to get the most of of their players.
- know how to build a team.
- know how to do the right thing.
- know how to learn from mistakes.
- know how to make adjustments.
- know how to lose.
- know how to coach.
- know how to win.

A bad coach will not know how to do any of the above.

Poor coaching and leadership are difficult things for athletes to overcome. In most cases it takes a strong leader and a good coach to win a championship even when they have talented athletes.

Success (in HS sports) should not always be measured in wins and losses. A bad coach will create division and destroy the moral of a team. They may win games and maybe even win a championship but they will never be successful.

How is your coach?

You contradict yourself. In your list you say know how to win, then you go on to say a bad coach can't do any of these, then you say at the end of your post that a bad coach may even win a championship. Which is it? Just anither armchair quaterback (armchair coach in this case). I am sure you are an expert. Read some of Coach John Wooden's books then get back to us on how to be a good coach. It's much deeper than that.

No contradiction, was implying: know how to win and lose "gracefully". I was not speaking about "winning a game".

No armchair coaching here, and I was not writing a book. Just a quick 30 second rundown of some of the things a good HS coach knows how to do.

You come off as bitter about something. Or maybe you are a self conscious coach who thinks that I am writing about you. Maybe you are one of the coaches who does not know how to do any of the above.

None of the above, a coach though. And I laugh at jack offs such as yourself who this they can sum up coaching in a few lines. Like I said go read a Wooden book rather than copy and paste some list.

Wow, very angry bitter.

Nobody tried to sum up anything. Just a quick list of some of the things a good coach will know how to do. I would suggest that you go back to reading your books but the fact that you have difficulty grasping the gist of a simple post tells me that you have no chance of comprehending, retaining or applying any of the information contained in the books that you claim to have read.