Originally Posted by Anonymous

No excuse the Maryland teams are great. But lets be honest about a few things
-Does Maryland have Middle School Lacrosse? I believe not, so while the Long Island Girls are playing school, Maryland girls are playing/practicing with their clubs.Huge advantage to play together. Most Long Island teams have a week or two of practices before we head off to our first tournament.
-Weather is big factor in getting the Long Island Girls on the field. Maryland spring is much earlier.
The one thing I have seen more than years prior that on any given Sunday.... Monster beat SW, Liberty beat YJ you never know. Your thumping your chest about how great you are - how many commits do you have in this grade? How many does LI have? Its not about your T-Shirt on Sunday, its about clubs making money and our daughters going to college.

Maryland does have middle school lacrosse but LI girls are allowed to play for Varsity teams which I would argue is much more advantageous to their development then playing on a middle school team of mixed abilities. However, MD has a spring club league which i agree is an absolute advantage at the beginning of the summer. Why LI does not do the same thing is beyond me.

Congrats on YJ having so many commits. All that proves is that the parents and/or YJ pushes those girls hard on the colleges. Do you honestly believe when all is said and done that YJ will have more committed girls than SW, M&D, Heros, etc?? Committing in 8th grade is only important to the parents. I had no idea what I wanted to do in 8th grade and am thankful that my daughter now has the time to really make an informed decision instead of committing because everyone else was.

Plus, as a 15 year old in 8th grade your daughter is much more mature than my 13 year old and will probably have a better idea of what she wants to do in college. You're right, wait until 11th grade when she is 18, she'll really know what she wants to do by then and will be able to make a much better decision.

If you honestly believe that there will be 18 year old girls in 11th grade I don't know what to tell you. There were no 15 year old girls on the MD teams this summer. Come up with a new excuse.